Welcome

Welcome

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Odds and Ends

I had requested a photo on Find A Grave of Alpheus Brown. I had found the death certificate for him somewhat by accident a few months ago. Unfortunately, the volunteer wasn't able to find a stone for him. It was my best chance of detrmining his birthdate. The volunteer suggested I contact the Keeler Township Clerk. I tried calling a few times today, but I didn't get an anwer.

It was my day to do calls. The other was to the New York Historical Society. I followed the advice I got from them on Twitter. The archivist was quite helpful and I should be able to get into the papers when I visit NYHS in October. I am very much hoping there will be some great documents. He verified that they did have one set of family papers and that they were accessible.

Tomorrow, I need to send the photography permission form to Woodlawn in NYC>

No comments:

Post a Comment